Current Size: 90%
Items of Work Handled
Activities performed by the Division:
The Division implements a scheme called Intensification of Forest Management Scheme which is an expanded version of earlier scheme of Integrated of Forest Protection Scheme. The new scheme has four additional and three original components.
Proposal (APO) from 35 States/UTs are required to be examined and process for screening committee meetings. Each proposal contains more than 21 work items.
- Processing of Annual Work Programmes.
- Processing of Additional Annual Work Programmes.
- Monitoring and Implementations of sanctioned Work Programmes.
- Monitoring and revalidation of unspent central funds available with the State Governments.
- Monitoring of Progress of Expenditure.
- Creation of data base on various issues related to forest protection:
- Incidence of forest fires in all States and UTs.
- Illegal felling.
- Cutting of trees
- Nodal Division for Crisis management plan for fire in the county.
- Forest Protection Division is nodal division for issues relating to Left Wing Extremism Affected Areas.
- Nodal Division for Application of Space Technology in the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change programmes.