Current Size: 90%
Items of Work Handled
Brochure on Items of Work Handled in Various Divisions and Sections of Ministry of Environment and Forests
IX 23 Forests Conservation Division(FC)
- Processing of all proposals received under Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 for diversion of forest land for non-forest purposes in respect of all States/UTs.
- Issue of final orders under Section 2 of Forest (Conservation)Act,1980.
- Petitions received from voluntary Orgainsations and miscellaneous organizations pertaining to Forest Conservation Act.
- Meetings/co-ordination with other Divisions/Ministries/Departments regarding Forest Conservation Act.
- Policy matters relating to Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980.
- Constitution of Advisory Committee and holding of Advisory Committee meetings.
- Complaints from general public and individuals pertaining to Forest Conservation Act.
- Delegation of powers to the Regional Chief Conservator of Forests to decide proposals involving forest and upto 5 hectares and processing of proposals involving forest land between 5 20 hectares by Regional Offices.
- Guidelines for diversion of forest land under the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 for various non-forest purposes.
- Court cases pertaining to implementation of Forest (Conservation)Act, 1980