Current Size: 90%
Results & Learning
The GEF Monitoring and Evaluation Policy (2010) approved by the Council has the following objectives:
- Promote accountability for the achievement of GEF objectives through the assessment of results, effectiveness, processes, and performance of the partners involved.
- Promote learning, feedback, and knowledge sharing on results and lessons learned among the GEF and its partners to improve performance.
There are four minimum requirements of GEF M&E:
- All projects and programs will include a concrete and fully budgeted M&E plan by the time of CEO endorsement as per the specified minimum criteria
- Application of M&E plans comprising SMART indicators
- All projects and programs will be evaluated at the end of the implementation
- All projects and programs will engage GEF OFPs in M&E related activities.